Cooking during camping often becomes a tedious task, especially, if your camping stove is not strong enough to hold enough weights on the burners and can’t withstand the winds. Moreover, camping stoves have low output burners and this causes lengthy meal preparations. What if you spend half of the time igniting and cooking on the stove? Do you think your camping stove is a total disaster? Do you think it’s better to get precooked meals for your next camping trip? If yes, hold on. Here comes a stove to address all of these problems.
This 2-burner stove is a tough folding camp stove with high output burners. It is a portable stove that runs on propane(gas). It has two burners and a middle griddle and ignites very well.
I went on a 5-day camping trip, and I could fully rely on the stove to cook meals. The stove cranks out a lot of heat per burner, and the flame is easy to control. The water gets to boil in a few minutes without any issues. The stove contains a lodge reversible griddle and saves you from bringing a portable one.
Some of the key features of the propane cooktop are as follows:
- Two burners each producing; 25K BTU. It can boil about 2 quarts of water in only a few minutes.
- Heavy duty grate that can support a large cast iron pan.
- Single-click ignitor that works every time.
- Easily controllable flame which doesn’t die even when the stove is on low
- Easy to clean
- Made up of heavy-duty stainless steel, Stansport 2-Burner and Grill Propane Stove has an oversized steel frame
Some of the additional features of the Stansport are:
- No match sticks required to light the cooker
- A center 5K griddle burner
- It has a high altitude regulator pressure
- Rust-resistant stainless steel housing
- Each burner contains its own windscreen; for maximum heating
With dimensions of 5.75 x 13.75 x 24 inches and weight of no more than 15 pounds, this 2-burner plus 1-griddle camping stove can be easily accommodated in your car’s trunk with other camping gears as it doesn’t occupy much of a space. Stainless steel drip pans make cleaning even easier.
I loved the stove in general. It was exactly what I was looking for. It ignites on the first attempt, and the flame can be adjusted. Even on the lowest flame, I never had the burner go off even though it was quite windy. It’ easy to ignite, adjusts well, and is wide enough to fit two pretty big pans. I would highly recommend this for anyone who goes camping often.
Pros and Cons
- The heavy duty steel burner gives ample support to the bottom of the cookwares and able to hold a heavy amount of weight on it. This can often be a problem with other portable stoves
- There are no sharp edges that will cut your fingers when cleaning or handling it. The screws are just right and I do not see anything is going to be break soon
- Ignites quite well on the first attempt
- It is portable and ideal for campers
- The metal around the burners gets red hot even when not at full power
- It uses up fuel faster than less powerful stoves. If you are using propane canisters and doing things like making big pots of pasta and other things that use a lot of time on high, you will finish a full canister in only a few meals
- It is slightly heavy for a camping stove; most people want light ones that can easily be moved around
Click here for a closer look